Let's be clear...You CAN leave school at 16 and join one of our courses or apprenticeships
This apprenticeship is for learners that are employed in a warehousing or storage job. You can progress to be a warehouse supervisor or even go on to manage your own section.
The average UK salary qualified in Warehousing is £13,765.
- Learning whilst you are employed
- A level two certificate in Warehousing and Storage and Functional Skills in English and Maths
- Learning in your workplace
- A programme lasting twelve months, however you can work at your own pace and finish sooner
You will cover the following mandatory NVQ/QCF units plus a selection of optional units to suit the needs of you and your employer.
- Health, safety and security at work
- Develop effective working relationships with colleagues in logistic operations
Examples of optional units:
- Assemble orders for dispatch in logistics operations
- Pick goods in logistics operations
- Use a forklift side-loader in logistics operations
Will I get paid?
The National Minimum Wage for apprentices is £3.50 per hour (often more). Apprenticeship wage accurate as of 1st April 2017.
Heart of England Training also offer a wide range of 'Every learner matters' sessions, trips and workshops to support your needs.
Heart of England Training Ltd is committed to the elimination of both direct and indirect discrimination and continuously seeks to actively implement positive policies to promote equality of opportunity.